"" The girl who makes things

Monday, 15 July 2013

This weekend's been really productive! I've just started volunteering for the Sue Ryder vintage shop as a seamstress. Getting to make lots of things and being able to help a fantastic charity - the best of both worlds.

I went to visit the shop on Saturday to sign the forms and have a look around. The shop has lots of seamstresses who alter ready made clothes, but they've never had anyone who makes anything from scratch. I asked the shop manager whether they'd be interested in having someone make the clothes and she practically bit my hand off. Apparently they're overloaded with fabric donations. I ended up with my head in a box of fabric, digging out reams of vintage, floral fabric and took a huge pile home (not as much as I'd wanted).

So far I've made two dresses since Sunday - not bad going for two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment