"" The girl who makes things: Sunny holidays dress

Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Sunny holidays dress

I made this dress after I booked my flights to Southern France. I'd had the pattern for ages, but it didn't really inspire me enough to make anything. But that was before I'd decided to go on holiday!



I wanted something comfortable to wear on the beach so I used a roughly woven black cotton fabric. It seemed a bit boring to leave it plain, so I added some patterned ribbon to the skirt and sleeve edges.


5 comments:

  1. Such a cute dress - I love the way you've used contrasting ribbon - it's got a real retro feel to it & you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      It's from a 60s dress pattern

      Delete
  2. That trim looks great! A great idea to put it on the sleeves as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dress, love the ribbon! What pattern did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think it was a New Look 6779 pattern

      Delete